Saturday, June 15, 2013

'Superman: Man of Steel' Review

I was pretty excited when I learned that there would be a new 'Superman' movie. Although I have never been into comic books or followed the stories, I was always a fan of good superhero movies. While most superhero movies have had modest beginnings, they have changed in recent years. Whether it is through CGI-based graphics or improved prosthetic and special effects art, superhero movies have certainly benefited from modernity.

The last superhero movie I saw before 'Superman: Man of Steel' was 'Iron Man 3' which was a complete departure from the first two of the series (not unlike Superman). However, 'Ironman 3' was a great movie in its own right. Although the story line had taken a slightly different turn, the movie could still be appreciated.
'Superman: Man of Steel' did follow a story line to an extent. The story line however, was lacking. The pieces did not seem to fit that well and they were not easy to follow if you did not follow the original story via the comics. The movie did not flow the way that it should have. There did not seem to be a beginning, middle, and end..just a beginning and an end. 'Superman: Man of Steel' had a few small moments where there was a glimmer of hope. However, that hope did not last long.

Although 'Superman: Man of Steel' was an okay movie it was not even close to meeting my expectations for today's superhero movies. I could not help yawning from the middle of the movie onwards. I couldn't help but think that I could be doing other things. Perhaps I am expecting too much from a movie that has done so little. If I had to sum this movie in one word it would be: lackluster.

-M.S. Johnson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback and for being a valuable member of the Smack Press community!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops